Friday, October 20, 2017

The Water Didn't Drown Me, It Raised Me Up

Print Version     All Noach Articles     All Shabbos Rosh Chodesh Articles   
This week I had the biggest scare of my life. In the middle of the night, something was blocking my airway. My wife Dina and my nurse tried desperately to clear it, but nothing was working. I can't begin to imagine what Dina was going through, but she did what had to get done and because of that I am alive.

For me it was terrifying, not being able to breathe, slowly fading, thoughts racing. The thoughts I had, first of my wife and children, then I thought, "I can't believe this is happening."The last thing I remember thinking is, "Okay Hashem, if you want me, I am yours, shema Yisrael..."

The next thing I remember is glimpses of the hallway, and I came to in the ambulance.

If it wasn't for this near death experience, I wouldn't have gone to the hospital. Now that I did I am so grateful, because they did routine tests and found a serious issue, that is now under control.

The outpouring of love from the community, from all over the world, was amazing. We were falling and you caught us. Though we were going through what was possibly the most traumatic experience of our lives, because of your love, instead of drowning into the dark abyss, the turmoil raised us up to heights we could never imagine.

That is the way struggles, traumas, difficulties, etc. are, they could destroy you, but with the right attitude they will lift you up. It also helps to have a great support system, which makes you part of something greater than you can be on your own.

In parshas Noach we read about the flood, the turbulent waters that destroyed so much. However, it was the exact same water that lifted the Ark high above the highest mountain tops, and carried Noach, his family and the animals that repopulated the world.

The key is to enter the Ark, especially when the waters get rough.

The Ark symbolizes an environment of hope, trust and closeness and commitment to Hashem.

The word for Ark in Hebrew is teiva, which means a letter of the Hebrew Alef Bet, this symbolizes the Torah. The Torah is a source of strength and a refuge in times of difficulty. It also gives you the right perspective, which will keep you positive.

In the Ark, animals of prey coexisted with the other animals, because the light of Moshiach shined, when there will be no strife. It is the goal of our existence, and when you understand the purpose and are focused on the goal, the waters are easier to navigate.

Being on the Ark was hard work for Noach, feeding and taking care of the animals, but the outcome was that he saved the world. Doing what Hashem wants is hard work, but what it accomplishes is amazing. We have to realize that our struggles are of extreme importance, and when we finally complete our work, we will have brought the world to its ultimate destination, and the reward will be unlimited.

May we merit to see the completion of our toil and our struggles once and for all, with the coming of Moshiach. The time has come.

I would like to thank all of you who contributed to the fact that I am alive. Especially Hatzolo, and LAFD. And thanks for all of you who advocated for us to have the best treatment. Thanks to the doctors, nurses, hospital and ambulance personnel. And thanks to all of you who prayed for me, and all the well wishes. I am happy to be alive.

31 comments:

  1. Wow. You are a light of inspiration to me, Yitzi. Sending you prayers and love. Refuah Shlayma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great men always rise to the occasion and lead others to victorious living through whay they have suffered. Thanks Yitzi & Dina for leading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! Your an amazing person and I love reading your articles! You should have a complete recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friends and colleagues around the world prayed with the highest devotion for you and family. May you continue to be a source of inspiration to us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are still with us. I am constantly inspired by you and your incredible faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you well, and to your wife and family.
    Good Shabbos and Chodesh Tov.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very moving. Thank you for the words of Torah. Blessings and success to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your strength, emunah and perseverance are remarkable! I enjoy all your blog posts and divrei Torah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bs"d
    Rabbi and the Family;
    I just saw your blog and the u-tube videos and got very uplifted by your approach. Made a resolution that as much as I can I will translate your blogs into my native Turkish and publish them in my blog. Share them with my community and friends.
    With all this zehut you should have a complete recovery be"H.
    Shabbat Shalom and Hodesh Tov.

    In case you want to see your latest post in my blog in Turkish:
    http://davidsbackyard.blogspot.com/2017/10/su-beni-bogmadi-beni-yukseltti-rabbi.html

    PS; I am NY and there is no Hilul Shabbat has ve shalom on this post.
    Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yishtabach Shemo La'ad!!!
    Baruch Hashem asher lo hisir chasdo va'amito meim avdo!!!
    May you (and us) not have any more of these scares and may Hashem bless you with Refua Shelama very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rabbi Hurwitz you are the Tzohar in Klal Yisroel's Teiva. We all need you to keep shining bright. Yeshuat HASHEM K'Herif Ayin. In the zechut of your Emuna and Bitachon, may HASHEM bring the Mashiach, the ultimate healing we all desperately need. Refua Sheleima. Shabbat Shalom and Chodesh Tov.

    ReplyDelete
  12. BH!!!!!!!Thank you for this beautiful inspiring lesson. Shabbat Shalom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yitsi, Hashem has challenged you with מים רבים and you have transformed each drop 💧 into a uplifting experience as you rise above it in the most unbelievable manner!!!
    חזק ואמץ
    Levi Kurinsky
    Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing, so uplifting! Thank you so much! Refua Shleima! Moshiach Now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. May Hashem give you a complete recovery, because if you are doing so much in your condition, I am sure that when you will have a complete recovery you will transform the whole world into a better place and bring about the revelation of Moshiach.
    Your writings is an inspiration to all who read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your inspiration. May Hashem grant you a refuah sheleimah and may you and your family be blessed with koach and continued joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. תודה רבה לך יהודי יקר! אין לי מילים לתאר כמה ריגשת אותנו בפעם הראשונה שנודע לי עליך וקראת בצמאון את מה שאתה טורח כל כך להעביר לנו
    ר' יצחק היקר שתדע רק טוב ושמחה , ויותר לא תהיה בשום מצוקות אלא תצא מהמצב שלך בריא וחזק ולקבל מתוך ריקודים ושמחה את פני משיח צדקנו במהרה בימינו.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have my Ex lover back just in 48 hours... This is unbelievable... I love this!


    Get back with Ex... Fix broken relationship/marriage..........


    His result is 100% guaranteed.


    He cures herpes with herbal mixture


    Thanks Robinsonbuckler11 ((@ gmail)) com...


    Patricia Bowen


    Florida, United States

    ReplyDelete